The Parent Helpline is a telephone information service for parents in South Australia.
- 1300 364 100 (local call cost within South Australia)
The Children, Youth and Women's Health Services (CYWHS) Parent Helpline provides telephone information and support at any time 7 days a week (calls received between 7.15am - 9.15pm will be answered by local Parent Helpline staff; calls received outside these hours will be automatically redirected to the national healthdirect helpline).
- It is available to parents of children from birth to 12 years who live anywhere in South Australia.
- It provides information about health, behaviour and relationships for parents and people working with children and young people.
- It is able to provide information to callers on where to go for further help.
- Calls are confidential and you don't have to give your name unless you wish to.
- Parent Helpline staff have an information database based on the latest research, so they can give you the most up-to-date information when you call.
- Staff are qualified nurses, social workers, community health workers and selected volunteers. All staff receive ongoing training and support.
Some examples of the information available from the CYWHS Parent Helpline...
- head lice, infectious diseases, immunisation, teething, bedwetting, cold
sores, gastro and fevers.
- aggression, sibling rivalry, problem solving, toilet training, sleep, lying,
stealing, unsettled babies, school refusal, bullying.
- feeding babies, fussy eaters, general nutrition information.
- building self esteem, grief and separation, resources for counselling,
stepfamilies, child protection issues.
- postnatal depression, pregnancy, mastitis, coping with parenting, support.
Other Parent Helplines in Australia
Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
New South Wales (NSW)
Northern Territory (NT)
- Parenting Line - 1300 808 178
Western Australia (WA)
Page last updated: 11 May 2010
Site last updated: 12 November 2012